All of our leather complies with the actual requirements of the German upholstery furniture industry. Every production batch is tested according to these requirements. The production is in accordance with the latest quality standards ISO/TS 16949 (ISO g001), AS/EN/jISQ9100, environmental standards according to EN ISO 14001, and low-emission in accordance with “Der Blaue Engel” certification.
Physical values/specifications mentioned below are fully complying with the requirements of the German Upholstery Industry.
Predominantly cattle hides of central European origin
– free of chrome tanning (FOC), drum-through dyed
– corrected grain
– coated, special finish to meet the current standard of the furniture
– embossed (simulated grain)
– average measurement per hide and production lot: ≥ 54 sqft.
– average substance: 1,1 mm (+ 0,2 mm)
Natural characteristics such as growth marks, horn scratches, small healed scars,
veins and irregular grain and color structure are typical of genuine leather and
thus do not constitute ground for complaints.